Welcome to the Marine Data Archive.
The purpose of the Marine Data Archive is to provide a backup and storage system for files related to marine sciences with metadata, whether it are documents, programs, graphs, ... and to be able to share them (if you want to) with other scientists.
To access the Marine Data Archive, click 'Workspace'.
To register or in case you lost your password, click here.
- To ensure you have the latest features, press Ctrl-F5 after you log in.
- A new permission write limited browse access has been added.
- Browse folders
- View files and their metadata
- Create folders in your folders or the main folder
- Edit, delete or move own files and folders
- Upload files in your folders or the main folder
- Download own files
- Edit, delete or move other files and folders
- Create folders in other folders but your own
- Upload files in other folders but your own
- Download files from other users
- The MDA website has been moved to a new server.
- The communication problem has been fixed.
- Due to a technical problem up- or downloading is currently unavailable. The error is caused by a communication problem and will be solved within the next 10 days.
- The file upload issue has been fixed.
- There might be some uploading problems under the Windows Vista operating system. This problem should be solved by the end of January 2010.
- Files with datatypes 'Biotic grab/haul/trawl/bottle/quadrat date' will be migrated to 'Biotic data'
- All files with datatype 'Unspecified' are migrated to datatype 'General' (which has been modified)
- All files with datatype 'Bathymetric data' are migrated to datatype 'Geographic data'
- All files with datatype 'Image tracking dataset' are migrated to datatype 'Technical pictures'
- All files with datatype 'Photos' are migrated to datatype 'Images and movies'
- All files with datatypes 'ADCP', 'CTD' and 'Transmissiometer are migrated to datatype 'In situ Instrument'
- Datatype 'Publication' has been modified
- 'Condition of use' moved from second tab to the first tab.
- Datatype 'Biotic data' became available, this will in time replace the other 'Biotic' datatypes (grab, haul, trawl, quadrat and bottle).
- Datatype 'In situ Instrument data' became available, this will in time replace the datatypes 'ADCP', 'Transmissiometer' and 'CTD'.
- Datatype 'Lab Instrument data' became available, this will in time replace the datatype 'LIMS input excel file'.
- New datatype 'Remote sensing'
- Note: you can start using the new datatypes